Friday 26 October 2012

Tri-Conferences

I'd like to send out a huge thank you to all of you who came out to our first Tri-Conferences of the 2012-13 school year.  Students are always excited to share their learning with you, and I appreciate the time to help review their strengths and to set goals for their learning together.

As we move on into the school year, I'd like to remind students and families to keep their goals in mind and to remember that while going to school is their routine, their job, learning is their choice and their responsibility.  I make it my goal to deliver the content in the most engaging way possible and to give each student multiple ways to explore and acquire their knowledge and to make meaning of it.

In order to be as successful as possible, and to be best prepared for the years of schooling ahead, I encourage students to read daily (at home-not just at school!), have their basic facts down-pat (memorize, memorize, memorize), and to be flexible in their thinking; explore alternate ways to solve problems, ask questions, be open to feedback and don't settle for good enough!

I am so proud of our students' accomplishments, their love of learning and their care and concern for one another.  This will be the best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment